Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ohh it's what you do to me

I should write here more often. Since my Talkshoe rant is over, I figured I should actually write about what I have been up to lately. Well, okay, so I told Ben that I would write here more. Speaking of Ben, we are announcing plans for a podcast with his partner from Letters From Across The Pond, Carla. The discussion about bringing aboard Carla just started today, so we will see where it goes from there.

So now I'll get to the title of this post. There is a new guy in my life. His name is Andrew and he is slightly more than amazing. He is majoring in Automotive at school, is from MA and is 19 years old. Aside from being the sweetest guy on campus, he sings. Now I sing like it's my job: in choir, in plays, in the shower and in the car. I did not know he could sing until he told me one day and decided to sing for me. The first song he sang was I'm Already There by Lonestar. Youtube is now our best friend because he will look up a video and sing the song to me. He also has sung: I'll Be by Edwin McCain, Your Song by Elton John and Angel by Sarah McLachlan. My favorite thing is when we sing together. Incase you have been living under a rock, the lyrics in the title are from Hey There Delilah by the Plain White Ts. It was one of the first songs we sang together and it's sort of become our song. It was a strange song to choose because Delilah was written about the 'other woman' but whatever. We like it especially because of the bridge:

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way.

Since he lives in MA and I live in NY, we are about 300 miles apart during this break from school. Summer is going to be hard on us, but if it's meant to be then we will survive. Anyway we've been dating since March 4th and so far everything is going well.

I have to run now, Mom is home and she needs me to help her make dinner.

1 comment:

Ben Vyle said...

You sing too?
When I say too, I mean I love singing - just ask Carla who has been attacked with my operatic version of Happy Birthday